Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Do-it-Yourself applications in Health Care, some examples

While I was building the 40 megatrend fact sheets I use as brainstorming technique at my workshops, I experienced some difficulties in stating exactly what the 'Do-it-yourself' (DIY) trend in business is about.

We all know Ikea, of course, and my previous experience with building a website on my own could also be seen as an example of this trend. But it's still difficult to really grasp the real extend of this trend -and whether or not this constitutes a new opportunity for specific companies (could we imagine DIY banking, for instance, or DIY retail?).

Maybe it helps to know that there's something like DIY Health provisioning already. Looking at the examples in the video, you might conclude that these are all just gadgets. But taken together, they signify a completely new way we handle our health altogether -namely by ourselves:


2 comments:

  1. Hello, This is very great thing you have shared with us. Now I found enough resources by your tips about this issue, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue doing awesome. I discovered such a blend of empowering stuff in your site, particularly its examination. Northern Virginia cosmetic surgeons

    ReplyDelete