Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How apps are changing our world... a keynote of futurist Gerd Leonhard

Both interesting and entertaining keynote speech from futurist Gerd Leonhard about the impact of the 'app-culture' on society and business. I'm not a heavy app user myself, but I do recognize the wave of apps will ultimately 'modify human lives profoundly' (hate to sound dramatic). If you're not convinced, Gerd's speech will certainly help you forward.

There's a lot of tpics treated here, 'all content in the Cloud', convergence of media and apps as payment methods, ... Some concepts that stroke me most were the 'nowness' and 'hereness', which in my eyes would deserve some study about the psychological and even philosophical consequences of; and the idea about selling direct through apps, a very powerful concept which would have deserved some further thought in this speech (well, perfect, I have something to investigate further ;-).

Anyhow, 45 minutes well spent for anyone working with future trends:

No comments:

Post a Comment