Thursday, July 21, 2011

Building our social media with our DNA

Well, this is an interesting thought... what if we could use our DNA in our social media activities? We'd certainly be able to find friends that have more in common with us (if we'd really want to do that). But more importantly it entails some more efficient ways of health care provisioning and, in term (I think it's implied in the video beneath, though not expressed as such) peer-to-peer health care. This deserves some further investigation...

Also interesting from a business perspective: the enormous growth of the amount of data (due to DNA sequencing according to this video, but besides this also due to the Internet of Things) means that the Google business model will rule in the coming decade (collect,digest and transform data into profitable services).

8 comments:

  1. "The enormous growth of the amount of data means that the Google business model will rule in the coming decade." You couldn't have said it better. Google's good in organizing and integrating data that makes up their virtual storehouse of netizen information. They use, reuse, and recycle this data to make newer services and generate more needs and untapped markets.

    SEO Reseller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see that idea coming into fruition in the near future, but maybe a century or two from now we'll be able to integrate DNA data into social media in a cost-efficient manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you get the point, SEO consultant. He's talking about company DNA- personality. And in that case, company DNA truly has made itself into their social media pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With social media growing so fast, I don't get surprised by new developments anymore. This one got me paranoid, though. They have access to so much data! I'm so happy I got an SEO reseller package to build my site's popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's too much information out there to properly analyze, let alone protect. Any SEO company could attest to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto. I'm a little too confused with this new technology. But I have to be honest, it did caught my attention. I'll just wait till this project is completed.

    Los Angeles web design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding a common friend through DNA in google is such a good idea. I work in a Korea business company and I think this would enable us to find more of our prospect customers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the colossal measures of remarks on your articles. Northern Virginia breast surgeons

    ReplyDelete