Monday, October 24, 2011

Augmented reality through your wireless headset

Call me old-fashioned, but this somehow starts to scare me... okay, I'm a laggard in terms of technology (at least of gadgets), so in a way I wouldn't be surprised to use this type of headsets somewhere in a decade or two. But still, wearing a headset throughout the day that whispers things to me and takes decisions in my place, it's somehow, well... scary...

Anyhow, this type of gear will most probably invade much of our lives in the future... in fact, its a combination of multiple trends -not all of them megatrends:


  • automation of personal decisions and choices (think of the fridge ordering milk automatically as well);
  • location-based services (which does imply that your social network tracks you anywhere you go);
  • personalisation (services based on your personal preferences... the result of this would be that your device -in this case your headset- would have a more intimate knowledge about you than your partner...).


No comments:

Post a Comment