Thursday, November 24, 2011

How people's attitude towards their health is changing, and how this affects the health care providers

Excellent presentation from one of my favorite future watcher at TED Brussels this week... Peter Hinssen sheds his light on the major influences that are currently changing the healthcare sector -probably for good:

- averages won't work anymore - personalization is key
- there is an enormous push to compute and quantify health (how healthy are you exactly?)
- health is not a product anymore, it's a service (people get pro-active about their health)
- health (and sickness) becomes a subject of communities...

bottom line: people are taking ownership of their health, the health care providers better adapt to that...

fascinating talk:

3 comments:

  1. Hello, This is very great thing you have shared with us. Now I found enough resources by your tips about this issue, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information you got here. I've been reading about this topic for one week now for my papers in school and thank God I found it here in your blog. I had a great time reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to grateful. Remarkable work ! Each one of you do a fantastic blog, and make them exceptional substance. rhinoplasty Charlottesville Va

    ReplyDelete