Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Are we heading to a new 'Renaissance' ?

Not sure I fully grasp the notion of 'higher frequency' Patricia is talking about here, but her central theme -whether we are heading towards a new age of renaissance- is quite interesting. Fact is that we have no true 'new story' to live to right now. We're stuck in crises and doubts, uncertain about the near future and uncomfortable with the far future. Well, that was exactly the state of humanity before the Italian renaissance a couple of centuries ago.

The true nature of this 'new story' is impossible to assess, obviously, but according to Patricia it will have certain characteristics like 'emotional truth', higher purpose (apparently are brains are being re-wired to become more social?), compassion and 'live' experience.

Sounds wonderful, but as a skeptic I need to ask myself how much of this is wishful thinking and how much is evidence based. I probably need to dig a bit deeper into her research... (my good, another book on my list...)

No comments:

Post a Comment