Friday, April 15, 2011

49 megatrends on my watchlist

(discover the updated list of 60 megatrends here)

Those of you who don't visit this blog regularly might get puzzled about the variety of topics that are posted here... is there a common theme?

well, yes: this blog is about megatrends, and how they affect corporate and government's future. Hence the broad views and multiple topics treated here...

 I currently track 49 of these megatrends. There are probably many more, but for a good comprehension let me first explain on what basis I select megatrends:
  • long-lasting: a megatrends should last at least 5 tot 10 years;
  • amplifying: the trend should grow in importance (even if it's a decline of something);
  • impact: a megatrend should cause a major shift;
  • breadth: it should impact a substantial part of society or the world;
  • (almost) inevitable: the trend is not prone to changes of mood or fashion.
An example for the sake of argument:


Below is a list of 49 megatrends I'm currently tracking. This list is far for complete, and some of them are subject to disagreement. But this is a living document, so feel free to give me your feedback, I'll post updates regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment