Thursday, September 23, 2010

The future of Magazines

While some people -including myself-  like to think about the future, some others are actually building it, like these gentlemen. They actually have done a very profound analysis about the real added value of a thing as trivial as a magazine, and investigate whether this same added value could be brought through another medium.

This technological solution is certainly a response to a couple of megatrends (increasing mobility, customization, etc), but as is often the case the real adoption curve will depend on whether it serves a real need.

As far as I'm concerned, it does. I'm far from an early adopter in technology, and I'm far from buying any e-Reader to read books (my love of the smell of paper is too profound), but as far as magazines are concerned... I'm reading around 10 of them each month, but could easily imagine how I could end up reading 15 with the solution these guys are developing...

So yes, for this one I'd turn into an early adopter ;-)



Mag+ from Bonnier on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment